Paul Walker Life

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paul Walker Life

Paul Walker Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Paul Walker Life

Forum for Paul Walker fans around the globe!

The Paul Walker Life site has now moved!! Check out our new domain... http://paulwalkerlife.yolasite.com/

5 posters

.:Movies:.

jac
    jac

.:Movies:. Empty .:Movies:.

Post by jac Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:20 am

Let's talk movies! What was the last move you rented? Saw at the theatre? Recommendations? Favorites? Oldies but goodies?

The last movie I saw was Pineapple Express. I would say it was one of the best stoner movies out there. I would tie it with Harold & Kumar go to White Castle. afro
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

.:Movies:. Empty Re: .:Movies:.

Post by earthsista Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:47 am

The last movie I saw at the theatre was Taken with Liam Neeson... FANTASTIC movie!!!! sunny
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:02 pm

That sounds familiar. What's it about?

I just watched Eulogy. It was a funny lil movie.
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:09 pm

jac wrote:That sounds familiar. What's it about?

I just watched Eulogy. It was a funny lil movie.

It's about a former spy relies on his old skills to save his estranged daughter, who has been forced into the slave trade. Very Happy

Eulogy, cool... who's in it? Very Happy
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:13 pm

Oooooo, yeah that sounds like a really good movie. Gotta see it.

Eulogy has Zooey Deschanel (love her!), Ray Romano, Hank Azaria, Kelly Preston, and the guy from Bring It On...Jesse something.
    Jerry168
    Jerry168

Post by Jerry168 Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:49 pm

The last movie i watched in threater is "Kung Fu Panda" , the funny 3D animation. I can't stop laughing when i watching....
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:47 pm

Ooooo I've been wanting to see Kung Fu Panda! But I've been waiting for someone to tell me if it's worth seeing or not. So it was really funny? Good enough reason for me!

omg you guys, I saw Get Smart yesterday. FA-REAKEN HILARIOUS. Had everyone laughing the entire time. I absolutely love Steve Carrell. I first loved him as Michael Scott on the Office, and then in Dan In Real Life, and I've come to the conclusion that I am his number one fan. I will watch anything with him in it.

You gotta see Get Smart people! I thought it would be like a kid movie but I was WRONG! Lots of adult humor. *giggle* geek
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:10 pm

This is some exciting movie news:

WB to develop 'Marvin the Martian'
    Looney Tunes character coming to bigscreen
    By DAVE MCNARY
    Marvin the Martian

Warner Bros. is launching development of a "Marvin the Martian" feature at Alcon Entertainment, with principals Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove producing along with Steve Crystal.

Project will blend live action and CGI.

Marvin was created by Chuck Jones and made his first appearance in a Looney Tunes cartoon in 1948. The character was often intent on blowing up the Earth, only to be foiled by Bugs Bunny.

Crystal, a former Warner exec with a first-look deal at Alcon through his Charlie Co. banner, developed the pitch as a Christmas story, with Marvin coming to Earth to destroy Christmas but being prevented from doing so when he’s trapped in a gift box. Alcon’s out to writers and directors.

Johnson and Kosove told Daily Variety that "Marvin" will be aimed at the family demo along the same lines as Alcon’s "Racing Stripes" and "My Dog Skip."

Alcon announced in May that it had raised $550 million in private funding and extended its deal at Warner, with the studio agreeing to distribute 15 Alcon pics domestically over the next five years, including the already-released pair "P.S. I Love You" and "One Missed Call" plus "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2," which opens Aug. 6.

Who else watched Marvin the Martian when they were a kid? I freaken LOVED those Cartoon Network shows growing up. The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, the Smurfs......oh, and the Muppets of course. Sigh, the good ol days. clown
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:22 am

Omg, that is soo cool!!!! Cool

jac wrote:This is some exciting movie news:

WB to develop 'Marvin the Martian'
    Looney Tunes character coming to bigscreen
    By DAVE MCNARY
    Marvin the Martian

Warner Bros. is launching development of a "Marvin the Martian" feature at Alcon Entertainment, with principals Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove producing along with Steve Crystal.

Project will blend live action and CGI.

Marvin was created by Chuck Jones and made his first appearance in a Looney Tunes cartoon in 1948. The character was often intent on blowing up the Earth, only to be foiled by Bugs Bunny.

Crystal, a former Warner exec with a first-look deal at Alcon through his Charlie Co. banner, developed the pitch as a Christmas story, with Marvin coming to Earth to destroy Christmas but being prevented from doing so when he’s trapped in a gift box. Alcon’s out to writers and directors.

Johnson and Kosove told Daily Variety that "Marvin" will be aimed at the family demo along the same lines as Alcon’s "Racing Stripes" and "My Dog Skip."

Alcon announced in May that it had raised $550 million in private funding and extended its deal at Warner, with the studio agreeing to distribute 15 Alcon pics domestically over the next five years, including the already-released pair "P.S. I Love You" and "One Missed Call" plus "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2," which opens Aug. 6.

Who else watched Marvin the Martian when they were a kid? I freaken LOVED those Cartoon Network shows growing up. The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, the Smurfs......oh, and the Muppets of course. Sigh, the good ol days. clown
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:52 am

I've seen a lot of movies lately...

Role Models (hilarious. enough reason to GO SEE IT!)

Twilight (didn't know anything about it, was dragged to see it, but it was suprisingly a ok)

Quantum of Solace (my husband!! action packed. flippin' awesome)

Transporter 3 (my other husband!!! quite a few shirtless scenes. thank you god! action packed as well)

Madagascar 2 (I personally only like the penguins and the fact that Bernie Mac voices a lion. I would recommend waiting to rent it)

Four Christmases (funny funny christmas movie. go see it!)
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:50 am

I wanna see Twilight Razz

Nuh uh, Mr Bond is MINE!!!!!!!!!! Razz Razz HAHAHAHAHAHA

Who is in Transporter 3? Very Happy

I REALLY wanna see Four Christmases! Wink It looks quite funny!!!! Cool

I'm looking forward to seeing Australia!! Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman, woot woot!!!! hehe. I've not seen a movie about my country before, I don't think hehe. Very Happy
    beklah324
    beklah324

Post by beklah324 Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:32 pm

The last movie I saw in the theater was Poseidon, back in May '06. So it's been a long time since I've seen a movie in the theater. I don't usually rent movies; I just don't see the point in wasting money when eventually it'll be on cable. Like in the last couple of months, I finally saw I Am Legend, 27 Dresses, Sweeney Todd, American Gangster, AVP - Requiem, Untraceable, National Treasure 2, PotC 3, etc... This month on cable, I'll get to finally see P.S. I Love You, The Bucket List, Charlie Wilson's War, The Ruins, Definitely, Maybe and The Other Boleyn Girl (so excited for this).

Plus I order stuff in from the library and then see it for free, like I saw Sex and the City a couple weeks ago. This last week, I got a bunch of movies in and saw them for the first time, like: Jumper (horrible movie), Lars and the Real Girl (man that was a wonderful movie), Hellboy, Kill Bill 1 & 2, 3:10 to Yuma, Cloverfield, The Kite Runner plus a few other movies.
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:21 am

I still have to see Cloverfield Wink
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:17 am

paulwalkersvegangirl wrote:

Jason Statham Twisted Evil

.:Movies:. Transporter-3

Need I say more? Wink
    Paul4Ever
    Paul4Ever

Post by Paul4Ever Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:37 pm

jac wrote:
    paulwalkersvegangirl wrote:

Jason Statham Twisted Evil

.:Movies:. Transporter-3

Need I say more? Wink

Ooohhh, what great body. affraid geek
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:27 am

^My thoughts exactly.

The only part I didn't like in the movie was this chick who was trying to get all up on my baby! Grrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:59 am

Naughty woman!!!! Sad Razz He's got an amazingly HOTTTTTTTTTT body!! Wink
    beklah324
    beklah324

Post by beklah324 Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:25 am

paulwalkersvegangirl wrote:I still have to see Cloverfield Wink

I go to a message board that talks about everything and they have a tv/movie section. When Cloverfield came out, everyone was raving about it, but talking about the camera movement being kind of bad. I had no desire to see it, for various reasons but now after watching it, I kind of wished I had seen it in the theater. I really liked it and I didn't mind the camera movement.

One of the other reasons I like getting DVD's from the library vs. ordering on cable or seeing in a theater, is that you get a bunch of extra things on the DVD, like deleted scenes, the making of, etc... Plus you can rewind and pause it whenever you want.
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:03 am

I liked the camera work in Cloverfield. That's what really freaked me out about their situation - it seemed so real!

I'll go to the theatre, rent from Blockbuster, buy 'em (when I fall in love with the movie), or get 'em for free in the library. Our local library doesn't have the latest movies though. I do enjoy the foreign classics though. Decent collection. Lots of good classics in general. The library seemed to give me an early christmas surprise -they had Death at a Funeral!!! loooooooove that movie. so yeah, new movies are hard to come by, but I always find something I've never seen before that I wanna see. Good times. Very Happy
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:39 am

Nothing Like the Holidays was a very funny movie. Totally reminds me of my family: crazy dysfunctional, but hilarious. santa drunken Laughing
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:47 am

whose in that? Very Happy

I saw Australia a couple of weeks ago Very Happy I think it's a beautiful movie... I love you
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:55 am

the best latino actors out there: John Leguizamo (sp? yes?), Freddy Rodriguez, and Jay Hernandez to name a few. Oh, and Debra Messing! lol
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:04 am

oh i LOVE debra messing!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy hehe

john leguizamo rocks!!!! he was so funny in moulin rouge!!
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:30 am

I saw Coraline last weekend. In 3D! You guys HAVE to see it, it's the coolest thing ever. I didn't even realize it was going to be in 3D...all of a sudden the big screen "Put on your 3D glasses now." I was like wtf! I didn't GET 3D glasses. I ran out of the theatre real quick and got some though (went with my 7 year old foster sister. We had so much fun. I'm so happy she behaved! lol). Even the trailers before the movie started were in 3D. It was just so cool. I was nervous that things would jump out at me and scare, but luckily that wasn't the case. I seriously love this movie. I want to see it again!
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:37 am

Don't see the latest Friday the 13th people. so stupid. I can't stand predictable generic movies that have no depth to them. Ew. Not a creative drop in that movie. Blah.

I really really liked Sunshine Cleaning. Saw it the other day. I'm a freak for indie films. I love how they end too...in that, there is no "end." cause that's life...you don't KNOW how it ends, you're not supposed to. Yet. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:40 am