Paul Walker Life

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paul Walker Life

Paul Walker Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Paul Walker Life

Forum for Paul Walker fans around the globe!

The Paul Walker Life site has now moved!! Check out our new domain... http://paulwalkerlife.yolasite.com/

3 posters

"The Vatican's Grotesque Approach to Homosexuality"

jac
    jac

"The Vatican's Grotesque Approach to Homosexuality" Empty "The Vatican's Grotesque Approach to Homosexuality"

Post by jac Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:53 pm

It's not everyday that the Vatican is called "grotesque" by mainstream publications. But that's what one of Italy's largest newspapers, La Stampa, labeled the Vatican as the Pope's home tries to block a non-binding proposed UN resolution calling on governments worldwide to decriminalize homosexuality.

The Vatican issued a "slippery slope" argument for their opposition to this measure, saying that it could lead to same-sex marriages throughout the world. Apparently us gay folks are like nuclear weapons that way - you allow one country to have them, and then all of a sudden....

For the Vatican to oppose this measure is not only grotesque, it's the antithesis of Christ-like.

The measure simply calls on governments around the world to (1) stop throwing homosexuals in jail, or in extreme circumstances (2) stop executing them. The resolution has been signed by every country in the European Union, and France is due to submit the resolution to the UN on December 10 - the day that we'll mark the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

So instead of aligning themselves with the EU countries on this issue, the Vatican has chosen to line itself up with Iran, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Burundi, Afghanistan, and Sudan and the nearly EIGHTY other countries that punish homosexuality with significant jail time or death. Way to go, Vatican. I think we can also appreciate the Vatican's complete lack of tact in issuing their statement of opposition on World AIDS Day 2008. The criminalization of homosexuality is one of the biggest impediments in fighting HIV/AIDS around the world.

And, to top it all off, the Vatican's opposition to this measure comes on the heels of an effort started in October to weed homosexual priests and seminary students out of the Church. The new Catholic policy, released by the Vatican's Congregation for Catholic Education, reiterated that men with "deep-seated" homosexual tendencies were unworthy of ordination, and urged seminaries to enlist the aid of psychologists in screening candidates for homosexuality and other "psychic disturbances."

I think what's psychically disturbing is that a Church with a rich history of a Gospel rooted in social justice is throwing that out the window to focus on an issue that Jesus never once mentioned in the entire New Testament. Now that really is grotesque.

Source
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

"The Vatican's Grotesque Approach to Homosexuality" Empty Re: "The Vatican's Grotesque Approach to Homosexuality"

Post by earthsista Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:36 am

That's absolutely horrible Sad Sad
    jac
    jac

"The Vatican's Grotesque Approach to Homosexuality" Empty Re: "The Vatican's Grotesque Approach to Homosexuality"

Post by jac Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:08 am

It's truly disappointing on the Vatican's part. Jesus must be pissed about this slap across the face of social justice, for sure.
    beklah324
    beklah324

Post by beklah324 Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:22 pm

You know it'd be nice if these religious people who read and follow the Bible would actually follow the ENTIRE Bible, instead of picking and choosing. But oh wait...you cannot follow the entire Bible because well, there is a lot of weird, even grotesque (to stay in theme Laughing) things in that. Stuff so far beyond what anyone would probably want to even do, like stoning people to death.

I really loved that new Prop 8 musical (click here if you haven't seen it yet) and how they talked about the shrimp and the stoning wives and selling daughters into slavery. It really spoke a lot of truth to the situation; if you are going to follow one thing, you better follow everything else.

You know, I have to wonder about the whole God made man in His own image and how that really speaks volumes to the issues about who we really are.

I personally think that people are born gay, just like people are born straight. It isn’t a choice, I don’t choose to be straight, I just am. I was taught right from the start in Catholic school that God created us all, we are all His children and that He wrote our stories long before we were even born. So why would He make some people gay if homosexuality is a sin? I think this goes deeper into the origins of the Bible. Is it the word of God? Or is it basically propaganda from men in power? Men in power who knew they could rule over everyone by instilling fear into the masses by saying that the Bible was filled with the word of God and what God wanted from each of us and if you didn't follow those rules, you burned in hell.

I don't know what I believe in regards to the Bible and several people have told me that I'm not a Christian because I question the Bible. But you know what, that’s my free will coming out, something I believe God gave me, which in turn allows me to question this. I believe my questioning is a gift from God and He is proud of it. I do believe that there is a lot of good in the Bible, but if men in power and not God wrote it, I could see having a ying and a yang. You want to rule over everyone by setting guidelines: how to be good, how to get into heaven, hot to avoid by bad and burning in hell. So who knows, it's one of those unanswered questions that we'll never know.

But in the end, I believe we’re all creations of God. So why do some God loving people hate creations of God? Wouldn’t that be like hating God Himself?

Wow, I’m sorry, this was long. I can get like that from time to time Laughing
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:42 pm

Exactly!!!!!! You took this straight from my diary! Laughing But yeah, I feel the exact same way. haha, HIGH FIVE!!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:19 pm