Paul Walker Life

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Paul Walker Life

Paul Walker Life

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Paul Walker Life

Forum for Paul Walker fans around the globe!

The Paul Walker Life site has now moved!! Check out our new domain... http://paulwalkerlife.yolasite.com/

4 posters

2008 US Presidential Elections

jac
    jac

2008 US Presidential Elections Empty 2008 US Presidential Elections

Post by jac Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:53 pm

So this is all the buzz right now. I'm excited cause this will be my first year voting. My cousin and I are going to register together. yay! We're votin' for Barack Obama.

Anyways, McCain just picked his VP, right, and everyone is like "what in holy hell?!!?" She's the governor of Alaska and there's already old and recent scandals about her that's surfacing!! It's sooo exciting. HAHA. There's one good juicy rumor about her........she was apparently pregnant (not sure when this was exactly, maybe a several years back or something?) but she was allegedly on a plane and was going into labor, instead of going to this supposed fantastic hospital near the airport after landing, she instead went to a hospital that was very far from the airport. Turns out, it wasn't her that was pregnant, it was her daughter that was pregnant. That's some Bree from Desperate Housewives shizz going on right there!!!
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

2008 US Presidential Elections Empty Re: 2008 US Presidential Elections

Post by earthsista Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:14 pm

If I could vote, I'd vote for Barack, hope he wins!!!! *crosses fingers* I think the American people need him. And the fact that he could be the first black American president, I'm all for it. cheers
    Jerry168
    Jerry168

Post by Jerry168 Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Althought i'm not an american but i really do pay attention on this event, i'll vote Obama too...
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:36 am

very cool Very Happy
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:43 am

You see, this is why Jon Stewart is awesome:
    Stewart talking about Sarah Palin

No offense to Alaska, but is being a mayor or govenor of Alaska that difficult? We're not talking about a big jurisdiction like New York City here. Congrats on taking care of Alaska Sarah Palin, but I don't think that's the BEST qualifications for the VP spot. Some people Suspect
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:24 am

I don't like her at all... she supports aerial hunting of wolves and bears... Crying or Very sad

And she doesn't want sex education in schools..... that must explain why her teenage daughter is pregnant. Rolling Eyes

And she wants to abortion to made illegal ... what about outrageous circumstances where a girl is raped by a stranger or is raped by a family member? For eg... a girl is raped by a brother or a father etc? Should she be made to have that baby even though it may end up with something wrong with it? Like a deformity or something? Even if there was to be nothing wrong with the baby, he/she may end up being scarred for life when it grows up and realises how he/she was conceived. Sad
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:27 am

Ugh, I don't like her either. She's so clueless!

I know! Her daughter seriously needed some sex-ed. It's kinda funny though, of how ironic it all is.

Check this out lol!
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:51 pm

omg, I love this (from SNL last night):

Tina Fey is the perfect Sarah Palin! lol!
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:24 am

jac wrote:omg, I love this (from SNL last night):

Tina Fey is the perfect Sarah Palin! lol!

WOOHOO!!!!!! hahahaha. Tina rocks!! Like a Star @ heaven
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:46 am

beklah324
    beklah324

Post by beklah324 Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:03 pm

I'm a Liberal, so I'm voting Obama!
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:31 pm

High Five!!!! cheers sunny
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:36 pm

Obama fans galore, yay!!!! Very Happy hehe
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:23 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!! OBAMA'S OUR PRESIDENT!!!!

That was a DAMN good speech he gave last night. I was jumping up and down, I was so excited. I almost got teary eyed when I saw everyone in the crowd cry. Oprah was crying!!

Sad news about Prop 8 though. Crying or Very sad Sucks for my gay friends.
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:27 am

I'm so happy for you, Jac!!!! Watching Obama's speech, I felt like I was there, myself, listening to it... he's truly wonderful speaker, isn't it? sunny

Jac, Prop 2 was passed, I'm very happy about that!! Farm animals are going to be treated more humanely before they're killed for their meat... I guess it's better than nothing. Sad Smile

I'm so sad now about prop 8... its so effing unfair... Sad What happens to gay couples that are already married... like Ellen Degeneres and Portia De Rossi? Does that make their marriage void? Sad
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:25 am

Yeah I'm happy about Prop 2 as well! There' a local place here where they raise chickens and they treat those poor dears horribly, they're all cramped in cages. Not anymore!!!

Ugh, I still can't believe about Prop 8 !!!! I was so surprised, I thought for sure it would've passed NO!!! Mad

I thought about Ellen, too. At least she got to be married beforehand....looking on the brightside....for HER at least. hmph.
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:54 am

Will there ever be equality in the world? Sad It sucks!

I wonder who Paul voted for? Very Happy haha
    beklah324
    beklah324

Post by beklah324 Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:27 am

You know, that is one question I'd love to ask him. Where on the political spectrum is he, who did he vote for, etc... I love knowing those kind of find details about celebs.

I want to say this and please please don't take it the wrong way. I was actually really sad to hear that prop 2 passed but prop 8 didn't. Yes, I do want animals to be treated fairly. I was very saddened to see the conditions that chickens are kept in before being killed. I've boycotted KFC because of it (I should probably boycott more places, I know). But it saddens me that animals got more rights than humans, actually more rights than AMERICANS in their own country.

You know, as a Christian, it absolutely appalls me when I see other Christians with such hate in their eyes. I mean, I don't believe homosexuality is a sin because I think about the fact that God made our bodies, our minds, our souls and I believe people are born gay, just like people are born straight. So it makes me question why God would make our bodies, make us straight or gay and then hate on a certain group. It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm really hesitant on expecting everything in the Bible as truth. But you know, growing up, going to Catholic school, being taught religion, the biggest lessons I ever learned were to love my fellow brothers and sisters on this Earth and the God is and always should be the first and last person who judges. The whole point to living a sin-free life and a life devoted to God is to please Him and get into heaven. I worry about my own soul and my own relationship and leave everything else up to Him. So for people to vote on their fellow brothers and sisters and on whom they should and should not be allowed to love, it tells me that they don't know the love of Christ in their hearts and that evil, Satan if you want, has tainted their minds. Plus, there is the whole living in America, the land of the free and knowing that gay people are thought of as second-class citizens. I would think that the history of our country and the injustice we learn about in school is enough for people to say NO WAY! NO HOW! am I ever going to vote on someone's rights.

I mean come on, even murderers get a free trial and are innocent until proven guilty. Why do murderers have more rights than two people who are in love and want to make sure their lives are legal, in the sense of wills or land or money or hospital rights.

Sorry, this was a long rant.
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:46 am

I am SO with you! I was raised Catholic and went to lots of different Catholic schools (I wasn't kicked out, my mom just didn't like the bratty kids and didn't want me to be like them *peer pressure*). Now that I'm in college I've learned more about the world and I must admit that being raise Catholic felt like such a sheltered life. We're taught strictly from the bible and we're not taught what the rest of the world believes in, besides Catholicism. Like I never knew there were so many religions before! Educating myself has taught me to be accepting and respectful of what the rest of the world believes in, even if it clashes with my own beliefs. I'm all for world tolerance.

I also don't think everything in the bible should be taken literally. It was written a very looooooooong time ago. The way society functioned then isn't exactly the same as now, no duh. Like, I have a problem with how women are treated in the bible. The bible basically is saying that women are inferior to men. What kind of shit is that?!?! I'm all for social and gender equality. Call me a liberal or whatever you want, but I don't see it any other way than for all, men and women, gay/straight, humans/animals to be treated equally, no matter what each believes in or practices. I mean Damn, even them Guantanamo Bay inmates or likely going to get their own trials again!!

So yeah. High five, bek!!!

After thought - Paul seems like the liberal type to me.
    earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:24 am

Yeah, I understand what you're trying to say...

It's lame... Sad Sad
    jac
    jac

Post by jac Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:04 am

earthsista
    earthsista
    Admin

Post by earthsista Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:43 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sponsored content